2004 vs. 2006 "get up and go" - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | BBFAQ |
Prev by Date | Next by Date | Post Followup ]
Member Login / Signup - Members see fewer ads. - Latest Member Gallery Photos
2004 vs. 2006 "get up and go"
Posted by Tim B. [Email] (more from Tim B.) on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 13:46:48
In Reply to: Re: I'll take a stab..., Boris Bubbanov, Fri, 10 Mar 2017 11:46:55
Agree re: the transmissions. Never would have bought an automatic Saab without the reassurances of Saabnet.
As for the engine, I'm not sure of the Arc vs. Aero differences, but my family has had two 2004 Aero wagons and one 2006 Aero wagon and the 2004's just seem to have more "get up and go" despite the 2006 being rated slightly higher HP on paper. Something in the engine or transmission software?
All three are automatics, but the 2006 really seems to resist downshifting when asking for more power, on an incline, etc, while the 2004's seem more eager--despite each having nearly double the miles as the 2006. With the transmission in "sport" mode, the 2006 improves greatly and pulls very strong, but you have to be careful with the throttle lest you fly off the stop line--makes everyday driving annoying. The 2006 just doesn't feel like the transmission and engine are as well-balanced and tuned.
Of course, I guess it's not that large a sample size, so it could just be something specific to the 2006 we have, as opposed to something systemic.
posted by 108.171.135...
Posts in this Thread:
- 9-5 Trim levels, Cannonball, Thu, 9 Mar 2017 19:05:51
- And don't forget about Gary Fisher., dmz789qqq, Sat, 11 Mar 2017 08:57:11
- Re: 9-5 Trim levels luxury package, bruceM, Sat, 11 Mar 2017 07:43:40
- I'll take a stab..., AeroEd , Thu, 9 Mar 2017 19:53:23
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Name Left Blank, Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:55:33
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Snowmobile , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 06:11:10
- They didn't even bother to call it Linear in 04, SWEDECAR , Sat, 11 Mar 2017 07:59:071
- Re: I'll take a stab...odd 1999's, Bernie , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 17:22:08
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Boris Bubbanov, Fri, 10 Mar 2017 11:46:55
- Aisin 5Auto debuted in all 2002 models, AeroEd , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:42:32
- Re: I'll take a stab..., steve, Fri, 10 Mar 2017 15:53:55
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 14:26:56
- 2004 vs. 2006 "get up and go", Tim B., Fri, 10 Mar 2017 13:46:48 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!