Re: Is it contagious? letting your car rust is saab abuse ! - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! Win a $133 Gift Card! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
So Neil how would you prevent the rust that starts where you can't clean? I cleaned the car religiously while I had it but the rust started in the places I can't get at and unless you live in a place where the salt is laid on the roads so heavy the it builds an eighth inch layer on my garage floor each winter you have no idea what its like to try an maintain a car in this environment. I have loved SAABs since my folks bought our first one, but I also am not willing to throw good money at what is a loosing situation. I had my body guy give me a estimate to restore the car a couple of years ago to a restoration standard and the estimate was just over 2k, his quote to me was "Not worth it Craig", this from a guy who restores SAABs for a living. And just inc case you don't think I value SAABs, I am paying this guy to fix my son's 02 93 vert after it was damaged to the tune of of 5k because that car is rust free (BTW he didn't have colision because the car is only worth 2.5k by the insurance company).
At some point we all have to come to the realization that we must part with the things we love, its part of life and being an adult.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Sad Day, CraigU , Fri, 9 Jun 2017 10:22:08
- My theory as to why owning and wrenching 9-5s is good, Boris Bubbanov, Thu, 15 Jun 2017 13:03:57
- But why?, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Sun, 11 Jun 2017 01:56:18
- Mine is on the brink of goodbye, Bill h., Sat, 10 Jun 2017 09:05:18
- XC 60?, Stephen Goldberger, Sun, 11 Jun 2017 09:48:37
- Re: Mine is on the brink of goodbye, cheaptech , Sat, 10 Jun 2017 13:19:31
- When you go into the Chevy dealership...., S-Works, Sat, 10 Jun 2017 12:45:57
- Re: Mine is on the brink of goodbye, neil dale , Sat, 10 Jun 2017 12:13:45
- Is the recirculation flap motor functional?, dmz789qqq, Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:51:15
- Is it contagious?, SWEDECAR , Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:11:07
- I still own three Saabs, but....., MI-Roger , Wed, 14 Jun 2017 04:48:59
- Re: Is it contagious?, southsaab , Sat, 10 Jun 2017 12:14:14
- Re: Is it contagious?, EGD , Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:39:343
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!