Re: Oil Spec Question - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
7/20 New Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
7/20: Saab Convention Photos |
7/11: Saab Photo of the Year Winners |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I use Synthetic 5W/40 in my 9-5 and Viggen engines. I (usually) buy whatever national brand name oil I can find on sale. My recent oil needs did not coincide with any local oil sales so I bought CarQuest brand 'Synthetic 5W/40 European Car' oil which was on sale at Advance Auto.
For the wife's 9-3 I buy Synthetic 0W/40, and almost always Mobil-1 brand.
I tried Mobil-1 0W/40 in my 2000 9-5 one time and experienced oil consumption issues so I reverted back to 5W/40 for that engine.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan, sold at 227K miles
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- Oil Spec Question, Roger (NAWC), Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:55:21
- Re: Oil Spec Question, cheaptech , Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:19:13
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Dick in Falls Church, Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:26:25
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Stephen Goldberger, Sun, 18 Feb 2018 12:35:43
- To answer all: (long), Stephen Goldberger, Thu, 22 Feb 2018 20:02:561
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Roger (NAWC), Thu, 22 Feb 2018 08:59:23
- Re: Oil Spec Question, three_jeeps, Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:56:39
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Snowmobile , Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:22:24
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Frank , Sat, 17 Feb 2018 18:25:09
- Re: Oil Spec Question, BruceM, Sat, 17 Feb 2018 15:45:56
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 16 Feb 2018 18:15:49
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Doug W , Fri, 16 Feb 2018 09:40:05
- Re: Oil Spec Question, MI-Roger , Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:55:22 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!