Re: Oil Spec Question - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | BBFAQ |
Prev by Date | Next by Date | Post Followup ]
Member Login / Signup - Members see fewer ads. - Latest Member Gallery Photos
Re: Oil Spec Question
Posted by BruceM [Email] (more from BruceM) on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 15:45:56
In Reply to: Oil Spec Question, Roger (NAWC), Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:55:21
I've used Amsoil Classic ESP euro blend 5W40 in our Saab 9-5 Linear for 200,000 miles. No oil related issues at all. Most oil geeks seem to feel Mobil 1 and Amsoil are the top of line synthetics. Amsoil can cost more but I like the fact that I can order on line and everything I need is delivered to my door. I've also used their auto trans fluid in the Aisin 5 speed with no issues for the same miles.
posted by 72.168.128...
Posts in this Thread:
- Oil Spec Question, Roger (NAWC), Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:55:21
- Re: Oil Spec Question, cheaptech , Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:19:13
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Dick in Falls Church, Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:26:25
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Stephen Goldberger, Sun, 18 Feb 2018 12:35:43
- To answer all: (long), Stephen Goldberger, Thu, 22 Feb 2018 20:02:561
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Roger (NAWC), Thu, 22 Feb 2018 08:59:23
- Re: Oil Spec Question, three_jeeps, Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:56:39
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Snowmobile , Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:22:24
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Frank , Sat, 17 Feb 2018 18:25:09
- Re: Oil Spec Question, BruceM, Sat, 17 Feb 2018 15:45:56 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 16 Feb 2018 18:15:49
- Re: Oil Spec Question, Doug W , Fri, 16 Feb 2018 09:40:05
- Re: Oil Spec Question, MI-Roger , Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:55:22
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!