Re: Mine's at 215,000, but probably failing... - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
My experience is that if cranking is long and possibly slow, it's not the CPS, it's the starter itself. Mine was going back when I got the car at 98,000 miles. I did the starter at 165,000 miles five years after my purchase. The symptom of a failing CPS is long cranking WHEN HOT.
A failing starter in my experience is slow starting all the time.
'04 Aero Sport Kombi, BSR
'03 Aero 5Spd, Krona, 290 bhp
'03 Linear 5 spd. Krona Mods, 350 bhp
Posts in this Thread:
- CPS Life Expectancy, Doug W , Thu, 19 Sep 2019 12:04:49
- 225k Miles and 20 Years..., DnstrDan , Wed, 25 Sep 2019 08:54:01
- Mine's at 215,000, but probably failing..., Jeremy R., Fri, 20 Sep 2019 15:11:54
- Re: Mine's at 215,000, but probably failing..., Doug W , Sun, 22 Sep 2019 21:08:08 <-- Viewing This Message
- At that age, replace it with new..., MI-Roger , Sat, 21 Sep 2019 03:11:24
- Re: Mine's at 215,000, but probably failing..., Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 20 Sep 2019 17:52:47
- Re: CPS Life Expectancy, MI-Roger , Thu, 19 Sep 2019 14:47:53
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!