Advice Needed for replacing power steering Pressure Hose - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Please share advice on how to replace the High Pressure line (or half of it) on my daughter's 2006 9-5 Sport Combi.
The patient vehicle has about 153K miles on it, and the High Pressure power steering hose is leaking. The leak is at (in ?) the rubber section, under the alternator - either the crimp to the hard line or the rubber section itself. It is not yet fast enough to "spray", and it has wicked to wet out the entire outside of that hose, dripping onto the serpentine belt cover.
I have ordered the "front" and "rear" sections of the HP PS hose as a kit - unfortunately it's ProParts, but that was all I could find quickly, and I need to get her back on the road soon.
Q's for board participants:
1) This 2006 has a chassis number prior to the GM change in part design, so I HOPE that I might be able to use only the rear section and leave the "front" for a later time. Is that true, or will I find that I have to use the complete set and change out the front connection to the pump as well ??
2) Can I get by dropping just the rear of the subframe to remove the banjo bolt to the rack (as many do for replacing rear subframe bushings) ?
I am working on jack stands. I have done a subframe drop before, but I would rather not incur the time and cost to disassemble the suspension and redo the alignment if I can avoid that.
Thanks in advance !
Mark in Marine
Posts in this Thread:
- Advice Needed for replacing power steering Pressure Hose, Mark in Marine , Fri, 21 Feb 2020 13:31:15 <-- Viewing This Message
- Replacing power steering Pressure Hose, Mark in Marine , Mon, 24 Feb 2020 20:35:293
- Re: Advice Needed for replacing power steering Pressure Hose, saabniner , Sun, 23 Feb 2020 10:44:091
- Re: Advice Needed for replacing power steering Pressure Hose, thewheell22 , Sat, 22 Feb 2020 07:51:16
- Re: Advice Needed for replacing power steering Pressure Hose, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 21 Feb 2020 16:36:50
- Re: Advice Needed for replacing power steering Pressure Hose, Bernie , Fri, 21 Feb 2020 14:10:30
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!