Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641 - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/23 Horn Button Rebuild 900/9000 |
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Per title, 2006 9-5 wagon died while driving. My daughter managed to park it. It cranks, but does not show any sign of start. Code set is P1641, which is "Fuel Pump Relay, no power to Pin 87". Fuel pump is OE Walbro unit about ten days old and had been great so far. DIC is new SEM w new NGK plugs. CPS seems okay. Car has 145K miles. Fuses are good, and were removed/reseated. Same for the FP relay under the dash.
I seems extremely likely that the ignition switch is not supplying power - but before I jump on replacing it, are there other likely possible reasons for no power / insufficient power on pin 87 ?
Mark in Marine
EDIT : The comment about fuses was WRONG. I was rushed, at roadside, and I pulled the wrong fuses. Fuse #15 (20A) had blown. I will be troubleshooting Sunday pm (now) to figure out whether it is pump, pump harness, or oxygen sensor circuit. I will post what I find out.
->Posting last edited on Sun, 12 Jul 2020 11:39:22.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. Support Saabnet.com - Become a Member - Signup
- Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, Mark in Marine , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 09:45:21 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, bobc , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 10:45:43
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, Mark in Marine , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 11:15:551
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, Bernie , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 12:26:091
- Hi Bernie - update 7/12, Mark in Marine , Sun, 12 Jul 2020 11:51:59
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, dmz789qqq, Fri, 10 Jul 2020 18:26:30
- Thanks !, Mark in Marine , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 15:08:09
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!