Hi Bernie - update 7/12 - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/23 Horn Button Rebuild 900/9000 |
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I edited my original post, because I pulled the WRONG fuses. Fuse #15 (20A) was blown. I have disconnected the FP and will go back to my daughter's house with extra 20A fuses to check with FP out of the circuit. I will look hard at the connectors and wiring for the oxygen sensors as well - those have much easier for me to fix than a possibly pinched or chafed FP branch of the wiring harness - but since that was the last job done . . .
I will re-post with my results to see what wisdom you and the board can share in troubleshooting. I have an old FP connector with which I can test the pump with a fused lead - so I will do that and test for short with the FP out of the circuit. Not sure how I will isolate the O2 sensor side.
Mark in Marine
PS The T-Stat ground is fine, but was cleaned and re-tightened anyway.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. Support Saabnet.com - Become a Member - Signup
- Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, Mark in Marine , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 09:45:21
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, bobc , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 10:45:43
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, Mark in Marine , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 11:15:551
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, Bernie , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 12:26:091
- Hi Bernie - update 7/12, Mark in Marine , Sun, 12 Jul 2020 11:51:59 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, dmz789qqq, Fri, 10 Jul 2020 18:26:30
- Thanks !, Mark in Marine , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 15:08:09
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!