Oil Pump Pulley Rattle: How screwed am I? - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
Site News -
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
7/20: Saab Convention Photos |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | BBFAQ |
Prev by Date | Next by Date | Post Followup ]
Member Login / Signup - Members see fewer ads. - Latest Member Gallery Photos
Oil Pump Pulley Rattle: How screwed am I?
Posted by Stephen Janeczek [Email] (more from Stephen Janeczek) on Tue, 22 Sep 2020 10:58:45
I made the mistake of running 5W 30 oil in my 2009 Saab 9-5 (104,000 mi.). No oil light, but the oil pump pulley is rattling and making a heckuva racket. I see oil pump kits on the parts sites, consisting of the gear, big nasty circlip, mainseal, and 'O' ring. Is this enough to address this issue? I've replaced the 'O' ring, Big Nasty Circlip (BNC), and mainseal on another 9-5, so I'm confident that I can manage to install the kit (a friend told me of a few tricks for dealing with the BNC) but I'm not sure if that will be enough to address the issue.
posted by 71.181.30...
Posts in this Thread:
- Oil Pump Pulley Rattle: How screwed am I?, Stephen Janeczek, Tue, 22 Sep 2020 10:58:45 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Oil Pump Pulley Rattle: How screwed am I?, rdebets, Wed, 23 Sep 2020 10:25:581
- Re: Oil Pump Pulley Rattle: How screwed am I?, siwyjohn, Tue, 22 Sep 2020 22:40:471
- Re: Oil Pump Pulley Rattle: How screwed am I?, bobc , Tue, 22 Sep 2020 11:55:35
- Re: Oil Pump Pulley Rattle: How screwed am I?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Wed, 23 Sep 2020 19:45:18
- homemade, bobc , Fri, 25 Sep 2020 11:08:20
- Re: Oil Pump Pulley Rattle: How screwed am I?, Itsasaab , Tue, 22 Sep 2020 14:07:25
- Re: Oil Pump Pulley Rattle: How screwed am I?, Stephen Janeczek, Tue, 22 Sep 2020 12:41:28
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!