Go for it! - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Go for it!
1 Saabers Like This Post!
Posted by jimmy (more from jimmy) on Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:55:50
In Reply to: Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, bobc [Profile/Gallery]
, Sat, 26 Sep 2020 09:01:59
At this point it is a science experiment to see what happens. It all depends on the condition of the cylinder wall after you hone it out. I use a berry bush type cylinder hone and go really slow up and down to get a really good cross hatch going. To check the fit of the piston use a feeler gauge stuck into the piston skirt cylinder wall interface. Pick the biggest piston and put it together.
In the past I have done this repair to a couple of low budget cars, and one of them ran great and the other died because of an Idiot owner. It will take a few thousand miles for the cylinder to wear in and be happy. You are so close to making this work, and it will, it just might be a little funky.
posted by 97.123.163...
Posts in this Thread:
- Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, bobc , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 09:01:59
- Just finished, bobc , Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:52:353
- Re: Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, three_jeeps, Mon, 28 Sep 2020 10:12:33
- Getting there, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 22:07:16
- and a sanity check ... thrust bearings, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:30:51
- quick question, piston order, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:19:23
- a few more pics, bobc , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 14:15:30
- Go for it!, jimmy, Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:55:50 <-- Viewing This Message1
- Re: Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, Bernie , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:14:551
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!