Just finished - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I will post more details and pics but for now I can say that team is thrilled! We are dirty and tired, but mostly thrilled.
we spent the day putting the car back together. Working from WIS and our notes we went step by step. Its not hard, but it took every bit of the day. after dinner we filled the radiator with Zerex G-05 and the engine with 30W conventional oil. We pulled the plugs and fuel pump fuse and spun the engine with the starter in 5 sec intervals to bring up the oil pressure.
With confirmed oil pressure we rolled her out to the driveway and fired her up. She started on the second crank with a light, barely audible clacking ... that faded away and she was idling quiet and smooth!
We let her come up to temp, and went for a short victory lap. WHat a great feeling to rescue this saab!
We did a quick oil and filter change, 30w again. We will run this oil for a few hundred miles then switch to synthetic.
thanks all! for the knowledge, advice and encouragement. This site is the best, and the saab community is like no other.
'08 9⁵ 2.3T SportCombi, Polar White
'01 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (benched)
'00 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (rescued)
'99 9⁵ Base model, Cosmic blue
'00 9⁵ Aero Silver (RIP - transmission )
Posts in this Thread:
- Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, bobc , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 09:01:59
- Just finished, bobc , Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:52:35 <-- Viewing This Message3
- Re: Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, three_jeeps, Mon, 28 Sep 2020 10:12:33
- Getting there, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 22:07:16
- and a sanity check ... thrust bearings, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:30:51
- quick question, piston order, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:19:23
- a few more pics, bobc , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 14:15:30
- Go for it!, jimmy, Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:55:501
- Re: Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, Bernie , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:14:551
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!