Re: a few more pics - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Yes have a go at it. Can't remember if you can easily or not but if you can remove the oiler at the bottom of the cylinder bore it would be helpful. And since you are not fully taking the engine apart try to clean up all your residue as much as possible. It will damage your bearings if too much gets left behind. When I hone an engine with the crank in place I run the engine for a few minutes and do an oil and filter change before I run it to break it in. And try to find old convential oil to seat the rings, synthetic oil resists wear too much to wear them in. Keep up the positive thoughts for it to work. And as Jimmy said try to pick out the biggest piston from you collection. Good Luck, Bernie
George Riggin Specialty Automotive
1993 900 Turbo Conv.
1993 900 Turbo Conv. Auto
2002 9-5 4 Door Linear
2002 905 4 Door Aero
2003 9-3 Conv. Viggen appearance package
2004 9-3 SS Conv
2008 9-3 SS 4 door
Posts in this Thread:
- Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, bobc , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 09:01:59
- Just finished, bobc , Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:52:353
- Re: Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, three_jeeps, Mon, 28 Sep 2020 10:12:33
- Getting there, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 22:07:16
- and a sanity check ... thrust bearings, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:30:51
- quick question, piston order, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:19:23
- a few more pics, bobc , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 14:15:30
- Go for it!, jimmy, Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:55:501
- Re: Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, Bernie , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:14:551
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!