Air mass test... - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Air mass test...
Posted by jimmy (more from jimmy) on Tue, 29 Sep 2020 08:23:42
In Reply to: Tangential question, Mike Johnson, Mon, 28 Sep 2020 16:17:30
The boost gauge in a 9-5 is actually the output of the air mass meter. So if you have low boost and knocking, you most likely have a failing air mass meter. Fault codes are only set for no output of the airmass meter. Bad air mass meters (under-reporting) do not set a code.
My advice is to buy a new Saab AirMass meter and see if your car drives better. You may be surprised.
posted by 75.161.255...
Posts in this Thread:
- Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, bobc , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 09:01:59
- Just finished, bobc , Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:52:353
- Re: Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, three_jeeps, Mon, 28 Sep 2020 10:12:33
- Getting there, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 22:07:16
- and a sanity check ... thrust bearings, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:30:51
- quick question, piston order, bobc , Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:19:23
- a few more pics, bobc , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 14:15:30
- Go for it!, jimmy, Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:55:501
- Re: Aero project ... salvageable or end of life? advice needed!, Bernie , Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:14:551
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!