I think I can help here Charlie - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 9000 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
I think I can help here Charlie
Posted by 02 Viggen (more from 02 Viggen) on Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:58:55
In Reply to: 97 CSE vs 02 Viggen, Charlie, Sat, 2 Apr 2005 18:47:25
I own a 97 Aero Auto, and a 02 Viggen (5 Door). The Aero is basically the same as your CSE I would assume. Both cars are basically stock except for small things on the aero like poly bushings on the rear sway, K&N filter and pbr deluxe brake pads up front. Regardless the Viggen is a beast compared to the Aero.
Heres my list
1) I usually only find the torque steer to be a bother on cooler days where the tires could easily break loose
2) First and second gear are limited with the viggen but to me this is good cause you can still spin through both gears easily with traction off and on a cool day
3) The handling of the viggen far excedes that of the Aero
4) Interior I find that the viggen is much cheaper..more plastics and feels less secure than the Aero. I find the fit and finish of the Aero far excedes that of the Viggen
5) The Viggen is lower so you just got to make sure that you watch some driveways and parking blocks
6) The stereo is comparable in both not a major difference either way
7) The pulling power of the viggen on the highway is un matched
8) I find the looks of both to be appealing but the Viggen is SOO Sexy
9) I don't find the Viggen chasis to be to stiff, some rough roads it can be hard but otherwise its fine
So basically it comes down to just drive the other one and see if you feel it is more of what you want. Take it for a good long drive and take it over some rough roads and see for yourself that it is a hell of a machine!!
Anymore questions feel free to ask
posted by 69.193.160...
Posts in this Thread:
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!