Re: How long should a rebuilt transmission last? - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
9/1 Photo of the Year Voting | 8/2 New Sponsor: Swedish Dynamics | 7/29 T-Shirts are In!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
A good rebuild should last as long as a new transmission. A poor rebuild is going to be less.
I expect to get about 120K miles from a 9000 autobox. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I would expect the same from a good rebuild.
Now, 'good rebuild' is tricky. If we're talking autobox, that's hard to do well.
If and when I need my next transmission, I'm going to Eriksson Industries:
The do very good quality rebuilds, and they do a lot of them. This is like heart surgeons. You don't want to go to someone that has done one or two; you want to go to someone that does them every day, day in and day out. They also dyno test them after build up.
No, I don't get any compensation from Eriksson.
posted by 192.249....
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- How long should a rebuilt transmission last?, Chris, Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:30:06
- More than 20K miles, marvinstockman, Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:54:02
- Clearly some clarity is needed in this thread..., Street, Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:12:50
- Had one put in by Saab dealer, Joe98, Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:51:54
- Re: How long should a rebuilt transmission last?, Saabnutt, Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:38:38
- Re: How long should a rebuilt transmission last?, Ari , Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:05:41 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: How long should a rebuilt transmission last?, Bill U, Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:01:52
- Re: How long should a rebuilt transmission last?, SWEDECAR , Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:01:21
- Chris, I'm considering the same..., Todd98CSE, Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:07:53
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!