Preventing Rust (as much as possible) - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Hello, new member here! I am moving to Michigan for graduate school and want to know more about preventing rust on Saabs. I have a 9000 Aero, west coast car, no rust and I'd like to keep it that way. I don't intend on driving more than 5k miles per year. I plan on religiously washing the car, but I don't have any experience with rust proof "coatings" and the like. What do you recommend as protective measures against salt on the roads? Thank you!
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Preventing Rust (as much as possible), PioneerRT909 , Tue, 13 Sep 2022 07:59:40 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Preventing Rust (as much as possible), skibumm100, Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:10:08
- Re: Preventing Rust (as much as possible), MJB , Wed, 26 Oct 2022 17:42:21
- Complex job.. More involved than merely Avoiding winter., Name Left Blank, Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:39:41
- Re: Preventing Rust (as much as possible), JerseySaab , Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:17:29
- Re: Preventing Rust (as much as possible), dr fall, Tue, 13 Sep 2022 10:41:29
- Re: Preventing Rust (as much as possible), Name Left Blank, Tue, 13 Sep 2022 08:06:05
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!