Re: Radiator removal on 1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo - Saab NG900 & OG9-3 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Hi Crawdad. Thanks for responding. So everyone out there is clear, the job of removing a radiator is not as simple as WIS makes it sound. I can only speak on my car. Plus I now know why the quotes are high ($700 to $1,000) to do this work. To replace the radiator here are the steps:
1. Remove headlamps, and grill. Carefully put the corner lights off to the side.
2. Remove the skid plate.
3. Remove any screws attaching the bumper to wheel arches.
4. Unbolt the 2 bolts holding the bumper in place.
5. Before removing the bumper be very careful about disconnecting the air sensor attached to the bumper. If not disconnected, and the complete unit is pulled off the bumper, it's very difficult to get the unit back on the bumper.
6. Remove the bumper.
7. Disconnect the intercooler, horn,
Posts in this Thread:
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!