Saab knows their audience - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Saab knows their audience
Posted by Bruce (more from Bruce) on Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:23:25
In Reply to: Saab Advertising, Mike 9-3 SS, Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:53:49
With advertising it's all about "knowing your audience"... And Saab has determined that advertising on certain "high-end" cable channels (History Channel, CNN, A&E, TLC, etc) is more cost effective... Why? Because that's what the demographic that buys Saabs is watching!
Yeah, sure they could buy a 30 second commercial on "Friends" but that's VERY expensive and the demographics just aren't there! It's basically a waste of time and money to appeal to the eyeballs of "Joe Sixpack" who isn't gonna buy a Saab in the first place.
And finally, advertising is ALL about emotion... A great majority of people don't give a hoot about "stats"... they care about STATUS! This is "Advertising 101"... It doesn't matter what the product is, toilet paper or turbos... If people think they'll feel better, look better, and attract members of the opposite sex (aka "get laid"), then the advertising WORKS!
posted by 24.218.28...
Posts in this Thread:
- Saab Advertising, Mike 9-3 SS, Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:53:49
- New Car Advertising, Aero'ed, Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:39:00
- Worst car ad EVER!, Bruce, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:31:41
- Saab knows their audience, Bruce, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:23:25 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Saab Advertising, SaabKen in Vancouver BC, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:09:05
- Ads are about emotion... not competitive features..., bRAD, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:48:50
- People that are Inspired..., b.flippo, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:25:30
- Remember what your wife told you..., FrozenSaab, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:03:01
- Everyone knows "Royale Ultra" is the tp of champions..., bRAD, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:12:00
- Can I get TP with maple leaves embossed on it?, Randy Thatcher , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:51:52
- Depends on what you eat..., FrozenSaab, Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:24:39
- You know for every roll of American TP ......, SaabKen in Vancouver BC, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:01:28
- Why substitute?, bRAD, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:29:45
- My Mum had tp with PM Trudeau's pic on it ......., Paul , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:16:57
- Uh, where is this thread headed ? Doh ! n/m, SaabKen, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:06:55
- huh huh huh TP hehehehehehehhe aieeeeeeee n/m, Trev, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:31:41
- Disagree totally, VP, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 04:40:14
- Re: Disagree totally, Mike 9-3 SS, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:49:00
- I hear radio ads several times a day......, Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:30:12
- Saab is one of the official sponsors of NPR n/m, SaabKen in Vancouver BC, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:09:58
- Re: I hear radio ads several times a day......, Erik W, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:53:56
- No matter how heartfelt your political convictions..., Nervousaaber, Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:48:53
- NPR listeners 75% republican...supposed to be a..., Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:55:45
- NPR listeners 75% republican...supposed to be a..., Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:55:431
- NPR listeners 75% republican...supposed to be a..., Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:55:41
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!