People that are Inspired... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
People that are Inspired...
Posted by b.flippo (more from b.flippo) on Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:25:30
In Reply to: Ads are about emotion... not competitive features..., bRAD, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:48:50
on an emotional level, can find a way to justify purchasing the vehicle. You're right. Competetive level ads are great to sway current car shoppers, but the majority of car purchases are still based on impulse and are done so on emotion and not realism. Appeal to "Joe's" personality or character and he'll stop in and check one out. Make the car better than life and he might 'mentally' purchase it before he even leaves the couch.
Automotive Section Print ads, for the most part, are the place to breakdown competetive features and price. This is the spot in which you'll find actual shoppers that are looking for the most value and the most features; people that need some extra luring before they're drawn into your showroom. These people are already car hunting, so they care about 'tit-for-tat' features.
The majority of your impulse buyers have no idea what Reax, SAHR, or lift reducing body paneling means. They don't care. If the car is portrayed to be larger than life or a fairy tail (if you will) then an interest is peaked.
Remember the acronym KISS? It means 'Keep It Simple, Stupid.' If you make the viewer think, he's already lost interest. The Versus Campaign was the perfect example on why that philosophy doesn't work. I like the current campaign becuase it tells a story, and makes you desire to be included. It is make believe, and causes one to think about exactly what they perceive to be a nirvana, and then associates our car with that nirvana. It's pretty ingenious, actually.
Sorry for the rambling, I could have said all of this in one sentence: "Yep, you're right. I agree".
posted by 65.106.25...
Posts in this Thread:
- Saab Advertising, Mike 9-3 SS, Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:53:49
- New Car Advertising, Aero'ed, Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:39:00
- Worst car ad EVER!, Bruce, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:31:41
- Saab knows their audience, Bruce, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:23:25
- Re: Saab Advertising, SaabKen in Vancouver BC, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:09:05
- Ads are about emotion... not competitive features..., bRAD, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:48:50
- People that are Inspired..., b.flippo, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:25:30 <-- Viewing This Message
- Remember what your wife told you..., FrozenSaab, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:03:01
- Everyone knows "Royale Ultra" is the tp of champions..., bRAD, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:12:00
- Can I get TP with maple leaves embossed on it?, Randy Thatcher , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:51:52
- Depends on what you eat..., FrozenSaab, Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:24:39
- You know for every roll of American TP ......, SaabKen in Vancouver BC, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:01:28
- Why substitute?, bRAD, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:29:45
- My Mum had tp with PM Trudeau's pic on it ......., Paul , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:16:57
- Uh, where is this thread headed ? Doh ! n/m, SaabKen, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:06:55
- huh huh huh TP hehehehehehehhe aieeeeeeee n/m, Trev, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:31:41
- Disagree totally, VP, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 04:40:14
- Re: Disagree totally, Mike 9-3 SS, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:49:00
- I hear radio ads several times a day......, Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:30:12
- Saab is one of the official sponsors of NPR n/m, SaabKen in Vancouver BC, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:09:58
- Re: I hear radio ads several times a day......, Erik W, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:53:56
- No matter how heartfelt your political convictions..., Nervousaaber, Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:48:53
- NPR listeners 75% republican...supposed to be a..., Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:55:45
- NPR listeners 75% republican...supposed to be a..., Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:55:431
- NPR listeners 75% republican...supposed to be a..., Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:55:41
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!