Perhaps in Urban Canada... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Perhaps in Urban Canada...
Posted by bRAD [Email] (more from bRAD) on Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:44:44
In Reply to: Canadian Gun Owner?????, Randy Thatcher [Profile/Gallery]
, Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:11:42
Which, incidentally is where I live, but I think you'd find many people own guns in Canada's rural areas (about 99% of Canada)
I think the difference is we might keep guns around for hunting, or vermin control, but many of us don't feel the need to carry a gun to the supermarket.
I live in downtown toronto, so my guns don't see too much use (although sometimes I wish I could get away with it to keep the damn squirrels away from my tulips!) but I do have a meager arsenal by US standards: .22 singleshot bolt-action rifle and a 0.17" air rifle. I might get a small shotgun in the next few years- Rabbits and wild turkeys are tasty indeed. A friend of mine got a crossbow last year which gets you an extra two weeks of hunting season (probably still better off with a gun though if you're looking to get something!)
I can go into Canadian tire and buy a box of ammo by showing my Canadian firearms licence- not sure what you'd do if you're an American without such a licence, but there must be some arrangement as there's lots of American hunters coming up here every year.
Handguns are fairly restricted, you'd have to have a special permit and a membership in a gun club- and your permit would outline the route from your house to the gun club in case the cops catch you taking a "detour" past the ex's house!
Personally, I think Canada's new gun registry is a bit of a farce- In my opinion gun control means using both hands. Education is key IMO, not restriction (and I still don't think you need to take your gun to the supermarket)
posted by 65.123.118...
Posts in this Thread:
- Saab Advertising, Mike 9-3 SS, Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:53:49
- New Car Advertising, Aero'ed, Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:39:00
- Worst car ad EVER!, Bruce, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:31:41
- Saab knows their audience, Bruce, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:23:25
- Re: Saab Advertising, SaabKen in Vancouver BC, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:09:05
- Ads are about emotion... not competitive features..., bRAD, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:48:50
- People that are Inspired..., b.flippo, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:25:30
- Remember what your wife told you..., FrozenSaab, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:03:01
- Everyone knows "Royale Ultra" is the tp of champions..., bRAD, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:12:00
- Can I get TP with maple leaves embossed on it?, Randy Thatcher , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:51:52
- Depends on what you eat..., FrozenSaab, Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:24:39
- You know for every roll of American TP ......, SaabKen in Vancouver BC, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:01:28
- Why substitute?, bRAD, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:29:45
- My Mum had tp with PM Trudeau's pic on it ......., Paul , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:16:57
- Uh, where is this thread headed ? Doh ! n/m, SaabKen, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:06:55
- huh huh huh TP hehehehehehehhe aieeeeeeee n/m, Trev, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:31:41
- Disagree totally, VP, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 04:40:14
- Re: Disagree totally, Mike 9-3 SS, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:49:00
- I hear radio ads several times a day......, Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:30:12
- Saab is one of the official sponsors of NPR n/m, SaabKen in Vancouver BC, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:09:58
- Re: I hear radio ads several times a day......, Erik W, Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:53:56
- No matter how heartfelt your political convictions..., Nervousaaber, Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:48:53
- NPR listeners 75% republican...supposed to be a..., Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:55:45
- NPR listeners 75% republican...supposed to be a..., Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:55:431
- NPR listeners 75% republican...supposed to be a..., Bryan , Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:55:41
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!