Re: Pentium 4 or dual core? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
So I took a look at some reviews and AMD Athlon 64 chip beats out the dual core pentium so that would be worth checking into a bit more. Howerver when compared for video editing there really wasn't a noticable diffrence. The P4 chip is a good one and will handle everything you discribed wanting to do. The faster the machine with more memory and processing power will greatly increase the speed at which you can do video editing, this will be the place where you would need all the power.
76 99 ems
posted by 24.16.218...
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Pentium 4 or dual core?, Bob Falfa, Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:51:48
- What I like about the Dell machines is..., Bob Falfa, Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:21:51
- AMD, jp, Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:52:24
- Re: AMD, Spiros T, Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:44:46
- Re: AMD, Dean, Mon, 30 Jan 2006 22:45:54
- Re: Pentium 4 or dual core?, 79-900t , Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:32:57 <-- Viewing This Message
- Neither ... AMD Athlon 64 :), Trev, Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:45:39
- Re: Neither ... AMD Athlon 64 :), Mattias.se, Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:05:59
- Nope, but the Athlon64 is faster in 32 bit anyway ;), AdamB , Tue, 31 Jan 2006 04:58:32
- Probably not, BUT, Trev, Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:21:28
- no, not for the tasks he describes n/m, Greg Abbott , Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:18:53
- Re: Pentium 4 or dual core?, RMinNJ, Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:47:58
- Re: Pentium 4 or dual core?, Gebster, Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:08:14
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!