True, but it's still the law, and tickets get issued - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
True, but it's still the law, and tickets get issued
Posted by Ari [Email] (more from Ari) on Mon, 21 Sep 2009 07:06:38
In Reply to: Re: Careful..., VTim, Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:16:24
The use of a non-hands-free cell phone in Connecticut is a ticketable offense.
Yes, I see lots of people on cell phones all the time. Usually as we drive down the highway, all at 5 or 15 (in 55 zones) mph over the limit. Speeding laws don't work very well, but tickets still get issued.
If you are looking to protest what you think is a silly law, hire a lawyer and a PR firm. It'll cost you a bundle, and you might get the law changed.
If you're looking to make your own personal protest, be prepared to spend some money. The legal system is not set up to make it easy for you, and if you want to make it hard for the legal system, well, all I've got is the bug/windshield analogy.
Like any speeding ticket, you might be able to get it waived by talking to the court clerk, or hoping that the policeman doesn't show up, if you decide to go to trial. You'll be spending time and money - so it really is your call. If you're trying to save money (excluding possible insurance impact), pay the fine, it'll be cheaper.
OK, that was my fair and balanced. In my opinion, I want that law in all states, and I want it enforced with high-caliber weaponry, if possible. In the 'emergency' situation, pull over to the side of the road. Your emergency should't propigate into creating emergencies for others.
posted by 192.249.47...
Posts in this Thread:
- NY cell phone ticket, VTim, Sun, 20 Sep 2009 08:44:40
- Cell phone law = stupid law for dumb people, boramiNYC, Thu, 24 Sep 2009 03:40:57
- Mandate bluetooth in all cars?, dmz789abc, Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:20:46
- Wish Ohio had a cellphone law like that, Rod , Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:06:51
- This will work backwards for you...YOU will need, Wasabi, Sun, 20 Sep 2009 16:51:28
- Good for NY - Just pay the darn thing, ursaw, Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:47:30
- If you were not talking..., Used to be Chaz, Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:48:57
- were you handholding the phone while you (long)..., baggsly , Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:35:38
- Re: were you handholding the phone while you (long)..., VTim, Sun, 20 Sep 2009 12:46:04
- States too busy fighting bogus innocent claims......, Mike Lynch , Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:44:30
- Re: States too busy fighting bogus innocent claims......, VTim, Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:54:42
- Yes, you are the victim here....right...., Wasabi, Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:26:51
- Re: States too busy fighting bogus innocent claims....., Mathias, Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:30:56
- That does not make sense at all, Tim, Tue, 22 Sep 2009 07:40:01
- Re: That does not make sense at all, Mathias, Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:56:10
- I'm with Rod, your argument makes no sense., Wasabi, Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:23:40
- I think your argument is the one that makes no sense, Rod , Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:33:28
- Well said!!! n/m, Street, Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:55:27
- Careful..., B Millar , Sun, 20 Sep 2009 12:57:05
- You answered your own question, Tim, Tue, 22 Sep 2009 07:43:09
- Re: Careful..., VTim, Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:16:24
- Re: Careful..., KevinM, Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:47:48
- True, but it's still the law, and tickets get issued, Ari, Mon, 21 Sep 2009 07:06:38 <-- Viewing This Message
- You're right, Turbo00, Mon, 21 Sep 2009 06:15:06
- Re: NY cell phone ticket, Ron, Sun, 20 Sep 2009 09:38:38
- and what are you going to "challenge"?, Wasabi, Sun, 20 Sep 2009 09:24:48
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!