Re: Automotive Bucket List... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Sorry about the bad news. You have a terrific attitude and are thinking the way any self-respecting gearhead should. But what to get?
With $150K to work with, I'd get something that would make me smile. I'd test a bunch of things, Lambos, Ferraris, a R8, a few others (all north of $150 large unless you buy used). But as others note, a Porsche 911 would be a fine choice, but don't count out a Cayman S. They are almost magical to drive, especially if you can do some track time. The sedan choice would be an M5, M3, or the equivalent Audis. With the Germans you get a solid car without the uncertainties of Italian supercars and would have plenty of change left over to do some other things. Such as...
A weeks or so at a professional driving school, maybe doing a high performance driving class, then one in open wheel racecars. Every car guy should absolutely get some seat time in an open wheel racer. It will make you grin for weeks. Then be sure to do a few track days in whatever you buy.
Then do a lap of America in the Porsche or whatever you get.
Keep us posted and hang in there.
1999 9-3 SE auto (daily driver)
1996 9000 CSE 5 speed (soon to leave)
2003 9-5 Linear SportWagon (wife's)
1984 C900 4 door Base model (RIP)
1995 9000 CS (sold)
1996 9000 CS (RIP)
2000 9-3 SE (RIP)
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Automotive Bucket List..., AlS, Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:25:14
- No car just blessngs, moeman, Tue, 9 Mar 2010 18:06:29
- How about a Singer 911?, Noel , Sat, 6 Mar 2010 14:48:21
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., W. Beetus, Fri, 5 Mar 2010 18:16:24
- opportunity, PT, Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:23:38
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., jp498, Fri, 5 Mar 2010 04:49:30
- Why limit yourself to one?, Bruce, Thu, 4 Mar 2010 13:08:59
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., firstname.lastname@example.org, Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:09:16
- Wow. Thank you all, AlS, Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:43:03
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., Wasabi, Thu, 4 Mar 2010 06:51:56
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., Boston Baab, Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:41:44
- Suggestion of a different kind (+), vvk, Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:18:19
- Bond...James Bond....why no Aston Martin ?....., TKC, Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:08:17
- Partial to Porsche, rpm2 , Wed, 3 Mar 2010 20:16:54
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., Noel , Wed, 3 Mar 2010 19:59:25 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., swede-murphy , Wed, 3 Mar 2010 19:29:59
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., EGD , Wed, 3 Mar 2010 17:01:03
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., Pete , Wed, 3 Mar 2010 16:44:06
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., Rich, Wed, 3 Mar 2010 15:48:17
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., CWilson, Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:41:04
- Automotive Bucket List...Lotus...Panamera....Corvette, NJWayne, Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:20:24
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., George K, Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:03:33
- Re: Automotive Bucket List..., smt, Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:19:45
- M3? M5?, Liam, Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:45:58
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!