Because GM is not a profit seeking entity - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Because GM is not a profit seeking entity
Posted by Reality (more from Reality) on Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:43:41
In Reply to: I don't get it. Why let all of this go to waste?, bender [Profile/Gallery]
, Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:58:45
but a government/public-owned entity filled with bureaucrats skittish about dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's; it's not about entreprenurial success (i.e. how much we can get out of selling the Saab operation) but about bureaucratic monopoly (i.e. nothing shall come back to endanger my bureaucratic chair-warming job). A profit-seeking Ford sold Volvo in a way that the counter party can make good use of it and therefore willing to pay top dollar to Ford. GM on the other hand is not the least bit interested in deriving future profit from a successful spun-off Saab.
posted by 24.91.39...
Posts in this Thread:
- TTELA reports Muller has declared SAAB bankrupt, ryan , Mon, 19 Dec 2011 00:57:46
- Will the factory survive?, dmz789qqq, Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:11:54
- any GM shareholders here?, Siegfried, Mon, 19 Dec 2011 04:58:22
- gm just made itself liable, mark from toronto, Mon, 19 Dec 2011 04:53:26
- Muller has declared SAAB bankrupt, Raction95Aero , Mon, 19 Dec 2011 03:25:36
- Unfortunate, but expected, JerseySaab , Mon, 19 Dec 2011 03:23:56
- Re: Unfortunate, but expected, EGD , Mon, 19 Dec 2011 03:43:26
- Re: Unfortunate, but expected, Erik919kt, Mon, 19 Dec 2011 06:11:30
- GM and Saab, JerseySaab , Mon, 19 Dec 2011 04:13:22
- I don't get it. Why let all of this go to waste?, bender , Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:58:45
- Re: I don't get it. Why let all of this go to waste?, kkelley, Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:31:14
- +1, dmz789qqq, Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:20:50
- Re: +1, Red93SEInBklyn, Mon, 19 Dec 2011 13:50:28
- Re: +1, davidgmills, Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:22:13
- Re: +1, Red93SEInBklyn, Fri, 23 Dec 2011 13:42:06
- Re: +1, 11madness, Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:10:45
- So, if every Saab fan donated...., bender , Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:28:37
- Because GM is not a profit seeking entity, Reality, Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:43:41 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: I don't get it. Why let all of this go to waste?, JohnA , Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:10:18
- Re: Unfortunate, but expected, JerseySaab , Mon, 19 Dec 2011 04:04:42
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!