Too many tales of disabled cars - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
All the stories have a common thread. Husband and wife head off to go shopping or other errands. Both 'think' they have a remote key in their pocket/purse but only one of them actually does. The person with the key exits the car while the other spouse drives away, only to have the car stop when out of key range or refuse to restart at their destination a mile down the road because no key is within range.
Nope, not a feature I want in a car. I also don't want touch screen radio or HVAC controls. I demand a tactile feel when making adjustments at highway speed.
I may never be able to buy a new car again! As I told my wife yesterday; I am quickly turning into a grumpy old man.
->Posting last edited on Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:12:47.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan, sold at 227K miles
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- thoughts on key-less starting, Dean, Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:21:37
- Too many tales of disabled cars, MI-Roger , Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:08:06 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: thoughts on key-less starting, Dennis_MA, Sat, 21 Mar 2015 15:30:11
- Im all for it, with the remote start, adl6009 , Fri, 20 Mar 2015 20:50:45
- Re: thoughts on key-less starting, BobS, Fri, 20 Mar 2015 19:16:47
- Key less stopping..., Mike Lynch , Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:25:31
- Buick is so quiet I've double-tapped,restarting the car, Norm9-5, Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:20:09
- How much to replace a lost fob?, JerseySaab , Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:02:50
- It is very annoying, AaronG, Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:43:19
- Re: thoughts on key-less starting, dtechakacheaptech, Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:39:27
- Re: thoughts on key-less starting, Justin VanAbrahams , Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:09:26
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!