They show what pays - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
They show what pays
Posted by Paul from Palmyra, PA [Email] (more from Paul from Palmyra, PA) on Sat, 19 Sep 2015 10:24:00
In Reply to: PBS pledge drives, No Snaab, Sat, 19 Sep 2015 08:40:26
I worked as a volunteer for public broadcasting for many year. The pledge drives are programmed to lure in folks who don't normally watch. They know what works as for as the number of pledges they get. I guess the loyal public broadcasting watchers will either watch what's broadcast during pledge drives or wait until they are over (in my case) but continue to support the station because they usually get what they like to watch. When you look at what's broadcast on the other hundreds of stations it's not hard to understand why public broadcasting survives.
posted by 98.235.107...
Posts in this Thread:
- PBS pledge drives, No Snaab, Sat, 19 Sep 2015 08:40:26
- Re: PBS pledge drives, EGD , Sun, 20 Sep 2015 14:30:57
- They are annoying. And I stop watching when they are on, Noel , Sun, 20 Sep 2015 07:16:10
- PBS/NPR is government funded., Norm9-5, Sun, 20 Sep 2015 05:39:08
- They ran an auction in Boston, Cary, Sat, 19 Sep 2015 13:49:42
- Motorweek @ 0730 Saturday and no mooching. Nm, Norm9-5, Sat, 19 Sep 2015 12:49:03
- Goes on for weeks?, Bill Homer, Sat, 19 Sep 2015 12:45:44
- They show what pays, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Sat, 19 Sep 2015 10:24:00 <-- Viewing This Message
- Thanks!, No Snaab, Sat, 19 Sep 2015 13:26:19
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!