Re: Thoughts on Diesel - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The modern diesel engine has a very complex emission control system. This leads to the potential for expensive repair cost once off warranty. Fuel filter changes every 20,000 miles are not cheap. The price difference between diesel and regular unleaded gasoline defies common sense. Diesel is a separate world wide market and does not always move the same as the gasoline market. In the time I had a diesel, from 2012 to 2015 diesel went from less than gasoline to $1.00 above it.
Posts in this Thread:
- Thoughts on Diesel, David, Thu, 13 Oct 2016 09:51:29
- Re: Thoughts on Diesel, Davecl , Fri, 25 Nov 2016 07:30:41
- Re: Thoughts on Diesel, JTRI , Sun, 16 Oct 2016 13:27:27 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Thoughts on Diesel, BMW 3L diesel, Sat, 15 Oct 2016 12:37:27
- Audis are great cars when under warranty!, Bill Homer, Fri, 14 Oct 2016 20:33:51
- 3.0T TDI is one of the "cheater" cars - the fix is still pending., dmz789qqq, Fri, 14 Oct 2016 15:11:00
- Re: Thoughts on Diesel, K W, Thu, 13 Oct 2016 22:34:42
- Here are some of my ramblings on diesel…, Savary , Thu, 13 Oct 2016 18:47:31
- Re: Here are some of my ramblings on diesel…, Name Left Blank, Fri, 14 Oct 2016 14:22:26
- Re: In MA, diesel is more than premium n/m, Tom G , Fri, 14 Oct 2016 11:19:04
- Federal tax is only 6 cents higher for diesel, A1-turbo, Fri, 14 Oct 2016 08:17:32
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!