Re: Thin walled socket? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Thin walled socket?
Posted by steve (more from steve) on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 10:04:27
In Reply to: Thin walled socket?, GFW3pedals [Profile/Gallery]
, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 06:35:47
I'm curious too. I couldn't find one last time I looked. Seasoned bike mechanics told me these are not meant to be serviced. I was experimenting with rejuvenating older pedals. THe socket doesn't need to handle much torque and could be fairly thin walled. I tried to use a wrench, but I couldn't get the nut tight enough due to the clearance.
A machine shop could thin a socket and make sure it clears the recess in your pedals. There might be vintage sockets from before sealed bearings and parts being disposable.
posted by 74.101.1...
Posts in this Thread:
- Thin walled socket?, GFW3pedals , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 06:35:47
- Like Sondeen says, DE , Fri, 14 Jul 2017 15:02:50
- What's wrong with this picture?, DE , Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:36:40
- Re: Thin walled socket?, steve, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 10:04:27 <-- Viewing This Message
- Ask Speedplay? nm, DE , Thu, 13 Jul 2017 08:24:43
- X2 lube process, Sondeen , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 19:59:38
- Re: Thin walled socket?, Simon S, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 11:41:57
- Re: Thin walled socket?, Simon S, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 10:41:19
- Park?, Snowmobile , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 08:35:31
- Re: Park?, GFW3pedals , Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:34:29
- Re: Thin walled socket?, TG, Wed, 12 Jul 2017 08:32:31
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!