Re: No, hazards only when stopped for me - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
On many highways up here there are maximum *and* minimum speed limits. If you are driving below the minimum speed limit, you are supposed to have your hazard lights on.
The odd time I have had a car problem that necessitated driving slower than the lower limit, I have used hazard lights as I drove. It lets others know that I have a problem, even though that might not otherwise be evident.
Coming up behind stopped traffic (eg traffic jam), I touch the brake pedal (to illuminate the lights but not apply significant braking force) and maintain enough space to accelerate and then decelerate again to prevent being rear ended. I don't use hazard lights for that and I don't believe I have ever seen someone else do the same.
I also turn on hazard lights if I must stop at the side of the road, at least on a freeway or some other busy/dangerous situation.
Posts in this Thread:
- Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., Cary, Mon, 23 Apr 2018 16:40:38
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., Craig, Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:23:58
- I flash lights to warn off radar traps/police ahead..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:55:47
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., GFW3pedals , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 06:31:14
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., bobc , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 07:21:39
- No, hazards only when stopped for me, GFW3pedals , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 09:05:48
- Flashers under 40, Cary, Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:47:20
- Hazards while driving..., Scott Paterson , Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:15:59
- maximize my visibility to others, bobc , Wed, 25 Apr 2018 08:41:50
- Re: No, hazards only when stopped for me, Snowmobile , Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:29:52 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., Saab88, Mon, 23 Apr 2018 19:56:03
- Re: Driving Etiquette, flashing lights front and rear..., EGD , Mon, 23 Apr 2018 19:52:19
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!