That's so strange...I mean, these are new... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
They're the Viggen slotted rotors with just under 5k on them.
I bought them back in 2010, had them stored in my (finished) basement. They were sitting there until I installed them three years back.
Sounds like they were defective? I'll try lubricating the caliper pins and see what happens, but if it doesn't solve it do I have to bite the bullet and spend $ on new rotors? I won't have these machined, it seems like a waste of money (no idea how much it costs) and how can slotted rotors be machined?
They technically have a warranty but goodness knows at this point how the heck to get it honoured, especially that I was the one who installed them.
2001 9-3 Viggen Laser Red 5 door 44k miles
2000 9-3 SE Midnight Blue 5 door
Posts in this Thread:
- Steering wheel shake when braking at high speed...new rotors, bender , Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:09:40
- Re: Steering wheel shake when braking at high speed...new rotors, neil dale , Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:25:06
- Re: Steering wheel shake when braking at high speed...new rotors, neil dale , Tue, 24 Jul 2018 17:43:06
- Re: Steering wheel shake when braking at high speed...new rotors, neil dale , Tue, 24 Jul 2018 17:41:53
- Re: Steering wheel shake when braking at high speed...new rotors, mlc , Tue, 24 Jul 2018 08:42:24
- Re: Steering wheel shake when braking at high speed...new rotors, JerseySaab , Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:39:24
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!