Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?
Posted by Craig [Email] (more from Craig) on Wed, 13 Mar 2019 09:41:20
In Reply to: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, RodM, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 09:23:57
As others have said Penske is a good choice, but so is Budget which I'm surprised no one has mentioned. I'd avoid Uhaul when possible, they don't guarantee a pickup location and has some real dogs on the road, though they'll usually try and give you something decent for a long haul. Uhaul does have a lower height and loading floor, but the not an entirely flat floor.
Load heavy things first, even with just household stuff it will make a difference in the balance of the truck. It will most definitely take longer than you expect!
Some roads, usually those labeled parkways are off limits to trucks. Most GPS programs actually have a truck mode to help you stay clear of those.
The truck is easy to drive but will feel absolutely massive! You'll be okay if you're mostly on the interstate though. Remember to take wide turns and watch out for low clearances. You'll become an expert at using your mirrors. I do feel driving these things made me a better driver all around and the skill needed to navigate them in traffic makes it almost 'fun' occasionally anyway.
posted by 66.91.28...
Posts in this Thread:
- Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, RodM, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 09:23:57
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, cheaptech , Thu, 14 Mar 2019 12:01:37
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Tom G , Thu, 14 Mar 2019 03:05:58
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Craig, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 09:41:20 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:23:53
- Have a 26" Penske truck reserved for April 18th..., RodM, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 05:15:43
- Load the Bulky Items First, K W, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 21:34:27
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Cary, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:45:12
- Moved our youngest this way - Raleigh to Boston, MI-Roger , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:44:31
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, 02 Viggen, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 15:35:04
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, JTRI , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 14:31:54
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, JoeHiOh Saab , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 11:21:35
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Tulsaab , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 10:08:51
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!