Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I've helped my son move 3 or 4 times. The U haul trucks worked fine. Gas mileage isn't great but if you look at total cost, (i.e. paying moving company), it works out ok.
I would say make sure you get a dolly. If your estimate on size is close, go up. Better to have a little extra room. Also, if you have a car, you might consider a trailer renting a car dolly.
Not sure about Penske, but U haul seems to be everywhere which is nice when you turn truck back.
When my son rented, it was for 3-4 days and included so many miles.
Take pictures of the truck before and after.
I recommend the extra for insurance. The few dollars is worth it in my opinion.
One last thing, good luck and hope you enjoy Traverse City.
->Posting last edited on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 03:08:05.
Posts in this Thread:
- Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, RodM, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 09:23:57
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, cheaptech , Thu, 14 Mar 2019 12:01:37
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Tom G , Thu, 14 Mar 2019 03:05:58 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Craig, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 09:41:20
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:23:53
- Have a 26" Penske truck reserved for April 18th..., RodM, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 05:15:43
- Load the Bulky Items First, K W, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 21:34:27
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Cary, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:45:12
- Moved our youngest this way - Raleigh to Boston, MI-Roger , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:44:31
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, 02 Viggen, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 15:35:04
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, JTRI , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 14:31:54
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, JoeHiOh Saab , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 11:21:35
- Re: Experience moving with a U-Haul truck?, Tulsaab , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 10:08:51
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!