Re: Have you used an Auto Transport Service to ship a Saab? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
6/18 Reminder: Your Amazon.com Purchases Pay Saabnet! | 4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I have sold my 94CE and purchased an 86 SPG all within the last two weeks. The 94CE shipped from Fairfax, VA to Lansing, MI. the 86 SPG shipped from Minneapolis, MN. to Fairfax, VA. Actually the 86 SPG is in transit and will be delivered this afternoon. I have used Reliable in the past and was satisfied but quite expensive compared to this new transport company. A good rule of thumb is to use $1.00 per mile as your rate. I gave this information to Scott and I believe that he has talked with their dispatch office in Michigan.
Beware when you are receiving quotes. If one is two or three hundred dollars less than the others that's a good indication that they are not insuring your car while it's being transported. If you check with your insurance company you will find they may not be covering/insuring your car while it is in transit with a carrier. Call them and make sure. The company I am using includes transit insurance in their quotes. Save yourself a lot of problems and make sure insurance is included in their quote. Don't assume.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Have you used an Auto Transport Service to ship a Saab?, Scott Paterson , Thu, 12 May 2016 20:54:071
- AAA Towing 200 Miles, Scott Paterson , Wed, 17 Nov 2021 10:05:27
- Golden Key Express, AeroBaron, Wed, 8 May 2019 05:42:381
- Jackie Brown - Transport Broker, Scott Paterson , Sun, 3 Mar 2019 17:49:26
- Re: Have you used an Auto Transport Service to ship a Saab?, neil dale , Mon, 25 Feb 2019 16:25:201
- Re: Have you used an Auto Transport Service to ship a Saab?, Al T., Fri, 22 Feb 2019 18:08:56
- Coast to Coast Auto Transport, Mike Johnson, Mon, 16 May 2016 11:18:40
- Re: Have you used an Auto Transport Service to ship a Saab?, David W Young, Sun, 15 May 2016 23:40:20
- Pilot Transport, TG, Sat, 14 May 2016 03:45:37
- BD Towing in VA, JMJinNC, Fri, 13 May 2016 05:50:27
- Re: Have you used an Auto Transport Service to ship a Saab?, stopsaabn , Fri, 13 May 2016 03:49:31
- uShip - The Online Shipping Marketplace, Scott Paterson , Thu, 12 May 2016 20:58:17
- Montway Auto Transport - Nationwide, Scott Paterson , Thu, 12 May 2016 20:56:38
- Splendid Transportation in CT, Scott Paterson , Thu, 12 May 2016 20:55:04
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!