Agree with you - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Agree with you
Posted by Eiron [Email] (more from Eiron) on Thu, 28 Mar 2019 11:23:31
In Reply to: Synthetic vs. Conventional - A guy at a party perspective, Sondeen [Profile/Gallery]
, Wed, 27 Mar 2019 19:41:53
IMO Blackstone's "change it early, change it often" perspective is rooted in 1950's oil recommendations (and increases their customer return frequency). And yes,their random-service-life testing is not a good methodology for basing generalized OCI recommendations. Long-term UOA testing on your own vehicle is the only way to determine your own OCI needs.
posted by 73.229.230...
Posts in this Thread:
- SAAB Talk Live: Synthetic Oil vs. Conventional - A lab owner sets us straight, Scott Paterson , Wed, 27 Mar 2019 08:34:411
- Re: SAAB Talk Live: Synthetic Oil vs. Conventional - A lab owner sets us straight, neil dale , Sun, 31 Mar 2019 21:44:211
- Re: Testing vs oil changes, Tom G , Fri, 29 Mar 2019 04:52:51
- OT: Current cost of Synthetics, YowZah!, MI-Roger , Thu, 28 Mar 2019 03:13:43
- Re: OT: Current cost of Synthetics, YowZah!, TG, Fri, 5 Apr 2019 11:14:37
- Re: OT: Current cost of Synthetics, YowZah!, Montana Tom , Thu, 28 Mar 2019 19:41:47
- Re: OT: Current cost of Synthetics, YowZah!, kenS , Thu, 28 Mar 2019 17:08:201
- Re: OT: Current cost of Synthetics, YowZah!, bobc , Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:44:36
- Re: OT: Current cost of Synthetics, YowZah!, Eiron, Thu, 28 Mar 2019 11:28:13
- Re: OT: Current cost of Synthetics, YowZah!, PGAero , Thu, 28 Mar 2019 11:26:50
- Re: OT: Current cost of Synthetics, YowZah!, JimBlake , Thu, 28 Mar 2019 09:23:27
- Marketing..., Justin VanAbrahams , Thu, 28 Mar 2019 08:19:15
- Synthetic vs. Conventional - A guy at a party perspective, Sondeen , Wed, 27 Mar 2019 19:41:532
- Like gasoline, additives vary nominally, Bloodnose , Wed, 27 Mar 2019 18:41:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!