Practice with it before you need it! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
NOCO Boost XL
I tried to use mine to jump a neighbor's car at night. Darn thing wouldn't work so we resorted to old school jumper cables.
A different neighbor tird to use his a year or two later to give a jump. Same result.
Apparently the darn things go through a lengthy pre-jump checklist after they are connected. Attempting to energize them during this time period is guaranteed failure.
Practice during day light so you will know the routine when attempting to use it on a dark and stormy night.
->Posting last edited on Mon, 5 Oct 2020 15:50:19.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan - My daily driver
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, adl6009 , Tue, 29 Sep 2020 15:22:391
- Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, neil dale , Fri, 16 Oct 2020 14:42:33
- Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, Ari, Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:44:21
- Love Mine - 12+ Jumps per Charge - Anker, Scott Paterson , Fri, 9 Oct 2020 10:58:35
- I got the BEATIT QDSP, adl6009 , Tue, 6 Oct 2020 07:08:31
- Gooloo, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Mon, 5 Oct 2020 16:01:24
- Practice with it before you need it!, MI-Roger , Mon, 5 Oct 2020 15:44:41 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, JerseySaab , Tue, 29 Sep 2020 16:46:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!