Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?
Posted by Ari [Email] (more from Ari) on Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:44:21
In Reply to: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, adl6009 [Profile/Gallery]
, Tue, 29 Sep 2020 15:22:39
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my capacitor-based jump starter.
Have used it twice in a pinch and it came through with flying colors both times.
- NO need to charge it ahead of the use.
- NO need for there to be another vehicle in a hundred miles to jump from.
- Dead simple to use
- It doesn't contain a battery itself, so totally safe to carry around in the trunk.
Principle: It sits in your trunk, uncharged. If your battery is dead, it's not really DEAD. It's badly injured. So you hook this thing up to the battery for a couple minutes and it gets charged up (in about two minutes, maybe less) by your "dead" battery. Then you press the button and it spits back the power it just stored as a big blast, sufficient to start the car. Totally brilliant.
I don't work for these guys, just a very happy customer.
posted by 134.134.13...
Posts in this Thread:
- looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, adl6009 , Tue, 29 Sep 2020 15:22:391
- Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, neil dale , Fri, 16 Oct 2020 14:42:33
- Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, Ari, Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:44:21 <-- Viewing This Message
- Love Mine - 12+ Jumps per Charge - Anker, Scott Paterson , Fri, 9 Oct 2020 10:58:35
- I got the BEATIT QDSP, adl6009 , Tue, 6 Oct 2020 07:08:31
- Gooloo, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Mon, 5 Oct 2020 16:01:24
- Practice with it before you need it!, MI-Roger , Mon, 5 Oct 2020 15:44:41
- Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, JerseySaab , Tue, 29 Sep 2020 16:46:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!