Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I have a "Type S" pocket-sized lithium-ion jump starter that was given to me as a gift. (I think it came from Costco.) It's pretty worthless for jump starting. It only provides power for 30 seconds after hooking up to the battery so by the time you hop in and try to start it's going to shut off in a few seconds. If the car doesn't fire up on the first crank you're hosed. Many of the vehicles I'd use this on are old ones with carbs and breaker-point ignition that need significant cranking time and this thing just doesn't do the job. My old school Harbor Freight jump starter (the large type that has a sealed lead-acid battery inside) works much better for that purpose and will provide 12V power as long as its internal battery lasts.
About all I've found the "Type S" to be good for is charging USB devices. It has a Type C USB connector in addition to Micro-USB and Type-A USB. To charge in the car you'd need to use one of those gadgets that plugs into the cigarette lighter and provides USB power. It also has built-in flashlight.
Posts in this Thread:
- looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, adl6009 , Tue, 29 Sep 2020 15:22:391
- Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, neil dale , Fri, 16 Oct 2020 14:42:33
- Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, Ari, Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:44:21
- Love Mine - 12+ Jumps per Charge - Anker, Scott Paterson , Fri, 9 Oct 2020 10:58:35
- I got the BEATIT QDSP, adl6009 , Tue, 6 Oct 2020 07:08:31
- Gooloo, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Mon, 5 Oct 2020 16:01:24
- Practice with it before you need it!, MI-Roger , Mon, 5 Oct 2020 15:44:41
- Re: looking for a jump starter - do you like yours?, JerseySaab , Tue, 29 Sep 2020 16:46:10 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!