Re: Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage
Posted by Cary (more from Cary) on Wed, 10 Feb 2021 16:03:18
In Reply to: Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage, Sam, Tue, 2 Feb 2021 08:42:41
I'd suggest, if you haven't already, figure out how the financial functions
in a spreadsheet (openoffice is fine) and you can slice and dice mortgage
payments any way you want and map out changes in interest and monthly
payments. Checking.. the NPER() and FV() functions are the one I used.
Tricky bit is for mortgage the present value is negative (I think). Double check
against a reference if you can.
It helped me to decide to go with just paying extra every month rather
than re-financing since we have a low rate. For us it let us figure
out how exactly much extra to get it to 0 by the target date. Everything
else can go into other investments. That's what made sense for us,
but as they say "your mileage may vary".
Good luck, and sorry if I'm preaching to the choir as they say.
posted by 74.92.140...
Posts in this Thread:
- Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage, Sam, Tue, 2 Feb 2021 08:42:41
- Re: Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage, DaveofFairfax , Thu, 11 Feb 2021 14:27:20
- Re: Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage, Randy Thatcher , Thu, 11 Feb 2021 13:40:151
- Re: Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage, Notnoel , Thu, 11 Feb 2021 10:13:572
- Re: Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage, Cary, Wed, 10 Feb 2021 16:03:18 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage, Roger_S , Wed, 3 Feb 2021 10:50:00
- Thanks! Appreciate the input. n/m, Sam, Tue, 2 Feb 2021 16:23:11
- Re: Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage, Scott Paterson , Tue, 2 Feb 2021 11:37:40
- Re: Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage, JerseySaab , Tue, 2 Feb 2021 11:07:111
- Re: Looking for opinions on paying down mortgage., EGD , Tue, 2 Feb 2021 11:04:41
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!