Re: Thoughts on purchasing/finding a Saab 900? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I'll echo Snowmobile's and JerseySaab's points. These are great cars that are loads of fun to drive and are always the prettiest cars in the parking lot, but are elderly and well worn. The C900s like to mark their territory with hydrocarbons. It can be seen on satellite photos.
If you love them enough to want to have one, you need to have either deep pockets or have
- a love of doing mechanical work
- a place to work on one
- a decent compliment of tools
- storage for scrounged parts
- a very understanding and tolerant significant other who doesn't mind the occasional greasy you
- and a more modern car for the days where the repair task is bigger than the allotted time (to quote a friend, "Curse you, Toyota reliability.").
Posts in this Thread:
- Thoughts on purchasing/finding a Saab 900?, Sam, Thu, 1 Apr 2021 04:15:37
- Re: Thoughts on purchasing/finding a Saab 900?, Saabu , Thu, 8 Apr 2021 07:37:321
- Re: Thoughts on purchasing/finding a Saab 900?, RS , Mon, 5 Apr 2021 10:26:55 <-- Viewing This Message1
- Re: Thoughts on purchasing/finding a Saab 900?, Snowmobile , Mon, 5 Apr 2021 08:31:141
- Re: Thoughts on purchasing/finding a Saab 900?, JerseySaab , Thu, 1 Apr 2021 07:29:531
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!