My personal reflection - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
In this everlasting quest to save gasoline, I don't know why they want a car tire and rim that barely roll forward and add soo much weight to the car.
The difference between when I need to push a Saab or Volvo from the 80s into the shop compared to a 2000 and up car is just staggering. The old cars, I hardly need to put any effort into it but the newer ones I can barely budge.
When rotating tires, you can really feel the difference in weight.
For me (and probably most drivers), there is no advantage at all with big rims and low profile tires. No, give me a 55 or even 65 profile tire on 15 to 16" rims and that's all you need.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Whats up with 20 inch tires?, adl6009 , Tue, 14 Sep 2021 22:08:03
- Reason, ELaw , Mon, 20 Sep 2021 06:36:17
- My personal reflection, SWEDECAR , Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:19:43 <-- Viewing This Message2
- Question, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:45:35
- Question, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:37:45
- I would have avoided them if could, adl6009 , Fri, 17 Sep 2021 04:33:39
- Re: Whats up with 20 inch tires?, cheaptechs, Thu, 16 Sep 2021 12:49:43
- Re: Whats up with 20 inch tires?, EGD , Wed, 15 Sep 2021 10:13:26
- Re: Whats up with 20 inch tires?, No Snaab, Wed, 15 Sep 2021 04:32:07
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!