Re: Sprung vs unsprung weight - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
10/5 Photo of the Year Winners
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I would say it's 100% for appearance. If you're racing your car, brake size will come into play. In normal street driving, the tires will lose grip before the brakes reach their maximum capability. Cars commonly had wheel sizes of 15" back in the 90s. Brakes worked perfectly fine, exceeding the capability of the tires. The theoretical incremental braking capacity created by a 20" wheel is probably well over double, possibly triple that of the 15" wheel. Cars weigh more now, but not that much more.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Whats up with 20 inch tires?, adl6009 , Tue, 14 Sep 2021 22:08:03
- Reason, ELaw , Mon, 20 Sep 2021 06:36:17
- My personal reflection, SWEDECAR , Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:19:432
- Question, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:45:35
- Question, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Sat, 18 Sep 2021 04:37:45
- I would have avoided them if could, adl6009 , Fri, 17 Sep 2021 04:33:39
- Re: Whats up with 20 inch tires?, cheaptechs, Thu, 16 Sep 2021 12:49:43
- Re: Whats up with 20 inch tires?, EGD , Wed, 15 Sep 2021 10:13:26
- Re: Whats up with 20 inch tires?, No Snaab, Wed, 15 Sep 2021 04:32:07
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!