as-03 - Saab Other Cars Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I have not noticed an issue with them in cold temperatures, but I don't really keep them on in cold temperatures long either... that said, we may have different definitions of cold - I normally swap tires in and around Nov. I have actually driven GMAX AS-03 on the c900 in winter, but only on rare sunny dry days when the roads are clean and dry, just to take the summer car out for a run so it doesn't sit for 6 months. I haven't had one of those days yet this winter! No sense turning it over in -30 to drive in gunk. I did put winter tires on it for the winter just in case, and because they grip better to cold dry pavement also.
I would be surprised if the as03 and as05 had vastly different compounds, but maybe?
I think I liked the Bridgestones a bit more on the 9-5, but really hard to say. I'm sure if I pushed the car to higher speeds on a track, there would be differences between these directionals and something like the Michelin PSS, but for real world driving in a 9-5, it's totally unnecessary for the wear rate. I mainly pick summer tires based on water performance as that seems to be the one real-world limitation of many tires. Directionals are often good for that. GMAX was more cost effective than the bridgestones and seemed good on the c900 so I gave it a try on 9-5 also. GMAX is about the only directional mildly performance oriented tire from a non-chinese brand in sizes that work for a c900. Most cars now have gone to sizes that are way too wide for a c900! The older performance widths are considered skinny on econoboxes now!
Posts in this Thread:
- Tesla in snow?, Snowmobile , Tue, 2 Jan 2018 15:35:59
- Re: Tesla in snow?, No Snaab, Sat, 3 Feb 2018 05:29:52
- Tesla Roadster, Dan-O, Fri, 5 Jan 2018 10:20:43
- Too much low speed torque, MI-Roger , Thu, 4 Jan 2018 16:13:02
- Need snow tires, vvk, Wed, 3 Jan 2018 10:26:25
- Re: Need snow tires, Snowmobile , Thu, 4 Jan 2018 13:31:36
- Not crazy about them, vvk, Fri, 5 Jan 2018 05:15:40
- Re: Not crazy about them, Snowmobile , Fri, 5 Jan 2018 12:51:09
- Re: Not crazy about them, Craig, Tue, 16 Jan 2018 17:50:45
- Which GMax?, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:02:45
- as-03, Snowmobile , Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:41:45 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: as-03, Justin VanAbrahams , Sun, 14 Jan 2018 13:20:27
- Re: Need snow tires, Justin VanAbrahams , Thu, 4 Jan 2018 15:38:13
- considerable irony, AeroEd , Tue, 2 Jan 2018 18:39:15
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!