Re: Karma Hit Me Upside the Head Today - Saab Other Cars Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I think you're probably playing in a pretty small pool. Safety standards really crushed big convertibles (HA!) and there are probably only a couple examples of bigger-than-a-c900 and newer-than-the-'70s without getting into real dollars. Like Bentleys.
All the Euro convertibles (CLK, 3er, 9-3, C70, CC, A4) are all about the same size internally and not all that much bigger than a c900. You could do a Sebring - it kinda stands alone. Otherwise you got roadsters (Miata, SLK, Zer) or sports cars (Eclipse, Mustang, Z), or niche cars (PT Cruiser, Beetle). I think you're stuck with those Euro brands!
My logic is you'll pay $5k+ for any of those, and in three years lose 20-30% of the value - maybe more with a 9-3 or C70. A W111 will probably cost you $8k-$10k, and when you're done will be worth $8k to $10k. :) The same could be said for a Buick or a Chrysler from the '60s. :)
Yep, it's the hard sell!
But, convertibles are fun in general so however you go it'll be great. :) UNLESS you choose this one.
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- Best Convertible for a Family of Four?, Dan-O, Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:13:29
- Only covertible drivers under 50?, MI-Roger , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 17:52:21
- Cascade 4-seat CV?, Norm9-5, Fri, 15 Jun 2018 06:55:34
- Karma Hit Me Upside the Head Today, Dan-O, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 18:32:521
- Re: Best Convertible for a Family of Four?, No Snaab, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 03:56:22
- Re: Best Convertible for a Family of Four?, Cary, Tue, 12 Jun 2018 16:11:44
- Obviously..., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 12 Jun 2018 11:24:26
- Naw..., Craig, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 08:55:15
- Re: Naw..., Craig, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 08:59:31
- No lies, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 09:38:00
- OK, DE , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 06:57:21
- Re: Obviously..., A1-turbo, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 05:37:33
- Re: Obviously..., Dan-O, Tue, 12 Jun 2018 11:48:05
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!