Did some searches and it looks as if it's a tire compound issue with the RE011's. It appears many people had them replaced under warranty.
Make sure you replace all 4 at the same time. I've read and heard that with AWD cars, if you have different diameter tires on the front versus back (due to normal wear and only replacing one pair) this will put strain on the transfer case due to the front and rear tires rotating at different speeds.
posted by 69.248.149...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Has anyone heard of rotating tires too often?, JimBlake , Thu, 25 May 2006 08:06:25
- Wear item warranty 16k....., Mike Lynch , Fri, 26 May 2006 12:29:33
- Re: Has anyone heard of rotating tires too often?, Dean C, Thu, 25 May 2006 18:55:02
- rotating tires is a cheapskate way to extend tire life, smk2, Thu, 25 May 2006 18:21:38
- Re: rotating tires is a cheapskate way to extend tire life, TML, Fri, 26 May 2006 07:14:55
- Re: rotating tires is a cheapskate way to extend tire life, JimBlake , Fri, 26 May 2006 05:00:55
- Well, not entirely..., Chaz, Fri, 26 May 2006 04:07:50
- When I rotated my tires too often..., IrieTom , Thu, 25 May 2006 16:48:41
- there's a term for this..., KenManiac , Thu, 25 May 2006 08:31:34
- I resemble that remark...., Mike Lynch , Thu, 25 May 2006 15:35:51
- I disagree on 1 part...., the fishman, Thu, 25 May 2006 10:49:34
- What exactly is cupping?, Scott Paterson , Thu, 25 May 2006 10:46:44
- Re: there's a term for this... EXACTLY, JimBlake , Thu, 25 May 2006 08:38:51
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!