IMHO a 1995 BMW 525i with a five speed (E34) offers a fully developed car of refinement and reasonable performance level plus 28 mpg on the open road. I am afraid of the V8 too, both operating cost and MPG. BMW mechanincs seem to agree that the E34 platform is a bulletproof as they come, if you avoid the auto gearbox. Some rust issues at bottom of doors depending on climate. Check bimmernuts.com for info
1997 900S 'vert
1995 525i 5-speed
1980 Honda CBX
posted by 65.124.171...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Which car?, W.S., Sun, 21 May 2006 12:14:32
- Re: Which car?, 2garfields, Tue, 23 May 2006 07:29:48
- Re: Which car?, Sam (Merc Mechanic), Tue, 23 May 2006 05:12:39
- NO NUMBER 6!, W.S., Mon, 22 May 2006 17:16:54
- I would go w/ number 6..., CWilson, Mon, 22 May 2006 10:28:17
- Stay away from BMW V8s prior to 1996..., Siegrisd, Mon, 22 May 2006 09:50:09
- V8 futures...Best mechanic?, Mike Lynch , Sun, 21 May 2006 13:03:08
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!