9-5s are Prone to Having Batteries Fail - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
more often than other cars I have had including Saabs. Lead acid batteries have a finite life based on battery use. If you start the car often or use the sound system with the car off then the battery will not last a long time. My 9-5 has had new batteries on the average of every two years. The Florida heat is hard on batteries.
99 9-5SE, 2.3lpt, 192,800 miles
1999 9-5SE, 2.3lpt
1995 9000 CSE
2006 9-3SC, 2.0T
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- New battery every 2 - 3 years?, Jim B., Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:17:28
- toronto canada battery lasting 4 years!, tonystarks, Sun, 19 Mar 2006 08:46:55
- 12v lead acid in a 48v lithium-ion world...., Mike Lynch , Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:16:39
- '99 OE lasted 4+ years, Rick D, Sat, 18 Mar 2006 10:48:19
- '04 Arc OEM bat. lasted less than 2 years, Ells, Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:48:22
- Re: New battery every 2 - 3 years?, Henry, Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:59:04
- Re: New battery every 2 - 3 years?, seemack, Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:50:18
- Re: New battery every 2 - 3 years?, Dennis_MA, Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:02:04
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!