12v lead acid in a 48v lithium-ion world.... - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I didn't do an actual count, but there seemed to be as many folks posting they were on their original battery as there were reporting battery failures.
I can't believe all cars are still 12v lead acid without a backup. Cars have gotten better and more electronic intensive everywhere, but batteries are still turn of the last century 12v lead acids. I mean cars at least still have donuts (I know, runflats some) but no one has ever considered a back up automotive battery??? Higher voltages have been advanced and battery tech has come a long way, when will this trickle down to cars?
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- New battery every 2 - 3 years?, Jim B., Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:17:28
- toronto canada battery lasting 4 years!, tonystarks, Sun, 19 Mar 2006 08:46:55
- 12v lead acid in a 48v lithium-ion world...., Mike Lynch , Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:16:39 <-- Viewing This Message
- '99 OE lasted 4+ years, Rick D, Sat, 18 Mar 2006 10:48:19
- '04 Arc OEM bat. lasted less than 2 years, Ells, Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:48:22
- Re: New battery every 2 - 3 years?, Henry, Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:59:04
- Re: New battery every 2 - 3 years?, seemack, Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:50:18
- Re: New battery every 2 - 3 years?, Dennis_MA, Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:02:04
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!