The Best 9-5 MY is subjective... - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
... and you will find many opinions on this board if you take the time to search -- and you should!
- there is some consensus that the '04 - '05 MY Aero provided an optimal mix of old Saab creature comforts balanced by hundreds (if not thousands) of myriad design improvements
- cars from the '99 - '03 MY can be a tremendous bargain price-wise, and many say better interior appointments, but were susceptible to sludge-induced engine damage
- the MY '06 - '09 are great cars overall, but the de-contenting of Saab interior appointments with bland GM equivalents didn't leave aficionados pleased
- MY '10 - '11 were the final 9-5's but based upon a major redesign. Not many Saab mechanics work on it because GM ditched the Tech 2 diagnostic tool in favor of their own.
Do your homework beforehand, and get a pre-purchase inspection done by a reputable Saab mechanic if you have one nearby. Another factor to consider is whether your son-in-law can do his own maintenance, relies exclusively on professional service, or a mix thereof.
p.s. both of you are awesome in-laws for appreciating the SAAB marque :-)
->Posting last edited on Sun, 2 Apr 2017 10:18:27.
'04 9⁵ Aero Sedan (m/t)
'04 9⁵ Aero Wagon (a/t)
'99 9⁵ SE (LPT) - donated in '20
Posts in this Thread:
- Best 9-3's and what to avoid, Frank Sesso, Sun, 2 Apr 2017 08:41:28
- Re: Best 9-3's and what to avoid, TimN , Mon, 10 Apr 2017 14:38:44
- Avoid the Six, Name Left Blank, Sun, 2 Apr 2017 19:10:11
- Re: Best 9-3's and what to avoid--I think you meant to say 9-5, adl6009 , Sun, 2 Apr 2017 16:02:02
- The Best 9-5 MY is subjective..., DnstrDan , Sun, 2 Apr 2017 10:13:29 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!