Just FYI... - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
My indie ended up getting 3 with problems that had to be sent back - all of Asian manufacture, mostly they leaked at the bleeder bolt due to sloppy fit & had to be installed, etc. before the problem showed itself.
The 4th appears to be the charm - also had a slightly sloppy bleeder bolt fit, but he addressed this with some super-duper thread sealer and it has not leaked after more than a week - not even a drop.
This snafu was a real time eater - and sadly, during this lengthy period the gearbox on my trust '94 Aero gave out, causing other things to be done while waiting for the '97 Aero to become ready.
Point of advice:
Examine the bleeder bolt fit VERY CAREFULLY - and if its sloppy - like it doesn't look like it seats right, or has a wobble when threaded in - beware as that is what gave away the 3 bad ones.
BTW, they have all been Proparts made.
I hope you got a good one !!
Posts in this Thread:
- '97 Aero clutch slave desperation ?!?, vtsnaab , Tue, 9 Apr 2019 20:55:03
- Bought a Saab Slave 2006/7 just in case, JeffB, Wed, 8 May 2019 16:29:21
- Just FYI..., vtsnaab , Thu, 9 May 2019 00:09:05 <-- Viewing This Message
- Thanks Bill & Ben, Re: '97 Aero clutch slave desperation ?!?, vtsnaab , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 18:54:20
- I am going through this now as well, Ben Choiniere, Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:42:54
- I was really hoping...?, vtsnaab , Fri, 12 Apr 2019 12:25:10
- Re: '97 Aero clutch slave desperation ?!?, Bill Homer, Wed, 10 Apr 2019 09:51:33
- Re: '97 Aero clutch slave desperation ?!?, Steven Mitchem, Wed, 10 Apr 2019 05:43:14
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!