Searching for Obscure Transmission Parts - Saab Vintage Models Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Looking for some obscure parts from a pre-'65 Model 96 or 95. Contact me if you have any of the following parts and are willing to part with them. These need to fit a 4-speed aluminum case transmission with clutch housing for fitment to a Stroker engine.
(1) Shifter Shaft / Operating Rod that exits horizontally from the transmission cover plate. Someone welded a handle onto the shaft exiting my transmission. A complete transmission cover plate containing this shaft would be fine too.
(2) Splined Nuts which secure the Rubber Donut style Inner Drive Shafts to the Differential Carrier inside the transmission. I need the later versions which are 24.9mm in diameter. NOT the earlier versions which are 23.8mm in diameter. (SAAB, Why only 1 mm difference???) I have the long bolts but not the Splined Nuts.
(1) Universal Joint for the Gear Shift Shaft. This is the part which includes a rubber disk and connects the gear shift linkage to the Shifter Shaft.
(1) Internal Mechanism for a Cable Operated Clutch. This may or may not require the Aluminum Clutch Housing too. The Service Manual makes it appear the Clutch Housings are different for cable operated and hydraulic operated clutches, but that may not be true.
Thanks in advance!
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan, sold at 227K miles
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- Searching for Obscure Transmission Parts, MI-Roger , Fri, 13 Nov 2020 15:06:36 <-- Viewing This Message
- Substantial Success - In Search for Obscure Transmission Parts, MI-Roger , Sun, 15 Nov 2020 05:57:42
- Awesome!, jimmy, Mon, 16 Nov 2020 18:26:13
- The 3-speed is shorter by 0.400 inches, MI-Roger , Sun, 23 May 2021 07:13:01
- I will be making Spline Nuts since none seem to exist, MI-Roger , Tue, 17 Nov 2020 07:46:09
- The splined nuts........, jimmy, Wed, 18 Nov 2020 08:13:10
- Still searching for (2) Splined Nuts, MI-Roger , Fri, 29 Jan 2021 14:54:09
- Well, I may need more parts........, MI-Roger , Fri, 20 Nov 2020 14:53:21
- Re: The splined nuts........, MI-Roger , Fri, 20 Nov 2020 12:22:47
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!